View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1 View Post
Honestly...I kinda disagree with this. You two were together for 5 years, planned on being together forever, and it has only been about a year since that ended. I don't think it is at all unusual for her to still be dealing with the grief of that kind of loss.

It doesn't sound like she is trying to initiate contact, or actually *do* anything to or with you. If that is the case, maybe let whoever is tattling to you about her FB/OKC escapades know that you just don't want to hear about it. If she does try to contact you or impact your life, you can deal with the specific action when it occurs.

But honestly, I don't see this as crazy-person behavior. It just sounds like coping with grief. Even if she wanted it to end, there is still going to be a lot of emotional work to do to get over the ending of a relationship that intimate. True, not everyone will go to these lengths to check up on an ex, but that doesn't mean she is dangerous.
I definitely see your point and were I giving input on this subject, I'd probably say about the same thing.

There is some backstory that I cant really share out of privacy concerns. Even on an "anonymous" forum with people I dont know, there were some things that happened that, in conjunction with this kind of behavior, are a little worrisome. The most specific I feel comfortable being is that she had some health problems that were poorly handled and seriously upset her judgement.

I've already dealt with the friends in question, and I fully agree with the quotation marks. They've been removed from being able to see me or my activity on the various sites. I cant do much about OKC because I have no idea how she found it and the only way she could have was by actively searching me out.

This absolutely isnt an "I fear for my life" situation, I'm just a little off-balance as I've never really dealt with this kind of situation before.
I am as direct as a T-Rex with 'roid rage and about as subtle. It isn't intended to cause upset, I just prefer to talk plain. There are plenty of other people here who do the nice, polite thing much better than I can. I'm what you'd call a "problem dinner guest."