View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 03:54 AM

Default More than two

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofDiscovery View Post

I have just started looking at that site you posted, and I'm very interested. First page I'm looking at right now is the 'dos and don'ts', and that in itself is some really solid stuff, and I've only read half of it so far.

I'm sure most people here will roll their eyes and say 'shit yeah, that stuff is obvious'...but it's really solid grounding stuff for me.

Thanks!

It's kind of humbling, in a way. The first time I read the articles he had written I realized that my initial assumptions were so off-base, so selfish and unrealistic I was truly ashamed of myself. So much of it is basic common sense, human decency, respect for others, etc. All things I would have thought I had a grip on at my age, and yet I was so lost in self-serving delusions I should have been slapped with an old fish to bring me back to reality.

Now when Pidge and I discuss the mythical Toilet Seat Guy, we try to imagine his feelings, needs, wants, and rights as much as our own, just to make sure we're in the habit of trying to not be jerks. I'm sure we will have our jerkish moments anyway, but that site is both a great learning tool, and a reminder that we are not special, or above anyone else in terms of relationships.