View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyuvii View Post
I'm miserable at talking face to face about feelings, so I'm writing a boy I've been 'talking' with a letter to explain my feels and the fact that I'm poly.

I feel like it will work out alright, but I'm really really nervous about it.

I'm still new to this, so I'm not sure how best to explain the relationship, and what I'm looking for, I guess? Haha, I'm still new to dating, period, so... XD

Anyone wanna take a look at it and proof read?

I'm typing it up and then I'm going to write it on some pretty stationary I have when I'm done ^_^
I'd say write it just to make sure you have everything down you want to say, then torch it.

Seriously, a letter helps get your head on the right track but other than that it does you no favors. The absolute best thing to do is talk to them about it face to face. Yes, you'll probably look like a derp, but that's ok. Its endearing as fuck and far more memorable than a letter.
I am as direct as a T-Rex with 'roid rage and about as subtle. It isn't intended to cause upset, I just prefer to talk plain. There are plenty of other people here who do the nice, polite thing much better than I can. I'm what you'd call a "problem dinner guest."