View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovefromgirl View Post
I took your advice with this Liberated Christian thing -- though I'm mostly a "hey, whatever's up there is up there, I dunno" sort of girl, I did like the notion that Christianity might accommodate polyamory.

I was almost sold on it, too, in the sense that yes, it made enough sense that I'd be willing to endorse it. So what made me change my mind?

The site has a very problematic section on adult/child sexuality; at one point, it is testified that a thirteen-year-old enjoyed his abuse.

DO NOT WANT. Thus, cannot endorse. Will happily look for the theology elsewhere, but for personal reasons, am unable to share that person's values on severely underage sex with adults.
It is definitely advice to be used across a broad scope. Religion is one aspect. I find it rather helpful when dealing with alternative communities as well. As I said in another thread, being any one identity doesn't guarantee a progressive attitude, something I find preferable. It is usually needed for social change to occur.

There is a great deal of prejudice and moral relativity hidden under the guise of openness and forward thinking. An agenda to replicate normative social structures which benefit some and negatively affect others. All within the same alternative community such as the polyamorous one. I've managed to steer clear though not without some mistakes. That's a deceptive crowd and the agenda is not always easy to spot beneath the "spiritual coating" as GroundedSpirit put it.

~Raven~

~Open up your mind and let me step inside.
Rest your weary head and let your heart decide. It's so easy.
When you know the rules.
It's so easy. All you have to do is fall in love.
Play the game.
Everybody play the game of love. Yeah...~

Last edited by Ravenesque; 01-04-2010 at 11:56 AM.