Thread: Coming out
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyuvii View Post
Got some Q's for you fine folks;

How/when do you 'come out' to people as poly, both to friends, and to people you're interested in?
I'm personally out to my friends and many of my coworkers. It just comes up in conversation when you're talking about romance. You mention doing all these things and it just sounds like too much for one person to do with another plus if they ever meet one or more of your significant others and they differ from descriptions of them you've given, you have some explaining to do.

My coworkers aren't super conservative but I do keep it from my boss who is fairly conservatively Jewish. It isn't a something she can fire me for but she can make work MUCH more difficult.

I make it blatantly clear to all romantic interests before we start getting involved. It's not something you want to spring on people and I prefer to be more open and honest anyways.
I am as direct as a T-Rex with 'roid rage and about as subtle. It isn't intended to cause upset, I just prefer to talk plain. There are plenty of other people here who do the nice, polite thing much better than I can. I'm what you'd call a "problem dinner guest."