View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrAh View Post
I just stumbled upon this and I would LOVE to hear how it's working out. I'm married and have a boyfriend, and babies are a topic of interest to me.
My gf has gone through a lot of changes over the course of her pregnancy and the first 1.5 years of her baby's life so far, and so has our relationship. Her ease in being physically intimate with me has lowered, as, of course, has her free time (the latter more drastically). But we've held it together, and have grown our relationship during that time -- doing new things together, trying more kinky stuff. We're even planning on going on an out of state trip together later this year, which will be a huge first for our relationship.

Being involved in her child's life has been truly wonderful. I enjoy babysitting, and I know it's a major help to her and her husband, as they work to keep their own relationship strong during this difficult phase of early parenthood. At the same time, it's been emotionally trying. Secondary relationships often are to begin with, especially if one partner (me in this case) doesn't have a full-time primary partner of their own and the other does. I'm very aware of the limits on her time and focus, and of the fact that she's growing a family that I'm close to, but not a part of. Sometimes I get sad about it, and I wouldn't recommend this sort of relationship to someone more needy or emotionally fragile. But the good stuff, for me at least, far outweighs the bad.

If you want more details, just read my posts over the last two years -- I've been pretty thorough.