View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 10:08 PM

I'm not sure if I'm doing this correctly, or I should've done just one reply box addressing each before me... but anywho,

Galagirl: I read your response after I sent a text and had a text conversation with him. He could tell I wasn't in a great mood... and his opening this morn wasn't really helpful to my mood after I sent texts last night to no response:

Him: Omg, just woke up. Late night with F.
Me: :-/ I don't know what to say.
Him: I'm just telling you why I didn't see your message until now.
Me: Thanks. (passive agressive, I know, but I just didn't know what to say at that point, and was/am feeling frustrated).
Him: I'm sorry, things went late and I went to bed.. you knew they were coming over. Are you angry?
Me: It's just a point I've talked about before, really liking the reassurance after these long encounters, especially when I know they're happening. Sometimes I feel a little secondary (not the priority) if I don't hear back for a bit, as well... and it's the second 'school night' this week where you've had an encounter, where with me you say you don't feel sexual or romantic on 'school nights'. Just feel a little less than... and/or just not having a good morn.
Him: Sorry sweets, I haven't had time to be reassuring... I woke up late. I love you!
Me: I love you too...and I think it's fair for us to say now that it is possible to feel sexual or passionate on school nights, depending... not to the contrary. (Then another sentence of a different topic inserted here).

Then, I haven't heard back in a few hours. I've worked with kids before, and totally forgot about asking for what you want instead of what you don't want (obviously applies to adults, as well). I think I tried that a little bit in the above messaging. This will bear reminders, though, to hopefully sink in...

Still not feeling great. I think I do have demons that need to be let free. There are 2 different ways of looking at the reassurance thing overall... it's a normal part of a relationship, and a partners job, or it should be organic and I shouldn't look for the attention and reassurance from my partner to make me feel better. I should find that within. Torn between both... I'm trying to grow in the latter reasoning, because I'm certainly not getting the reassurance I need from him on a consistent basis, and am finding myself begging for it sometimes.

Last edited by tiggerdatiger; 02-07-2013 at 10:32 PM.