View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 02:23 PM

My gf is transgendered and I am cis gendered/genderqueer. We have been together 4 years. She started fully transitioning just a few months before we met, though she has been extremely femme her whole life. (She is now 35 and I am 57. My 28 year old lesbian daughter has had 2 transwoman partners as well, strangely enough.)

It's not easy being partnered with a transwoman, but I wouldn't change it for the world. miss pixi goes through so much emotionally, socially, physically... I feel privileged to be cis and don't mind helping her, though I do get burnt out sometimes.

My gf is kinky and meets some bi guys, pansexual guys, through Fetlife, okcupid, collarme.com, as well as at kink cons. We have been to the Phila Trans con twice. It is amazing it is free! All you have to do is find accommodations.

The last time we went there was even a class for ciswomen with transwoman partners. It was so great to be in a room with 60 other women like us! (Plus at that con, I got to brush shoulders with Chaz Bono! Squee!)

She does get a lot of flak though, when she chats guys online who start to suspect she is trans and then basically write her off. I just offer a listening ear and snuggles... It's just a fact the dating pool is small for transwomen.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place. --Shaw

me: Mags, female, pansexual, 59, loving and living with
miss pixi, female, pansexual, 37