View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 06:56 PM

Thank you guys! These stories make me realize that I was a very sexual teenager and wish I had access to a sexual relationship as a teen.

Not only was it my location and family, but society's insistence that crippled people (I have mild CP) are not sexual beings. It took me 40 years to get to the point where I was sexually empowered utterly and happy with my sexual body -- honestly with the help of some 28 year boys who love older women, and are much more cool about disability than older generations; Note: I've only been turned down on cupid (explicitly because of the CP) by men over 40 .

SCat- I respect your views, but I never knew what I would think about raising a child until I actually did it. For me, all the things I believed in theory went out the window when I began to deal with a real human boy.

That said, I think I'm misunderstood here. I don't forbid, am all for talk, and all that.

What is very interesting for me here is that I come off as a conservative parent on this forum, but to my knowledge I am so WAY far sexually liberal (and liberal in discussing gender, race, and disability) than any parent I know in real life. None of my boys friends parents discuss sex at all. I've never even met a parent who taught their kid what I disability is (unless it's in the family)