View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklepop View Post
How do we act about our possessions? We show them off! New iPhone? Show friends. New guitar? Tell friends about it. Went on holiday? Show every mother and her son the photos. And how do people usually respond? "ohhh... that's amazing!"... they very, very rarely say "yeah. I don't really give a shit."
Wow, you and I should NEVER hang out XD

But seriously, no fucking idea. I never even had to consider this kind of problem till a few weeks ago and its causing no small amount of discord in my own world.

Its less about "what people would think" and more about being kept away from family. I could give a fuck, I really could, about people's opinions regarding my romantic life but I have a brother in law that hit the Jesus juice REALLY hard (ironic, considering he married my sister when she was six months pregnant with a baby conceived while she was still married...) and I worry that he'd prevent me from seeing my nieces and nephews whom I am very close to.

I doubt the rest of my family would care, they're very much "live and let live" people, but this kind of thing tends to stir feelings in people you may not have known they had before. I'm already kind of the black sheep of the family so that's not a worry.

I do know that hiding things like this is basically attaching a timer to finding out. That shit WILL go off, its just a matter of time. At some point, someone's story wont match, someone will hear or see something they shouldn't have, someone will let something slip, and the whole cat-bag thing will go off. However good you think you are at hiding something, subtract that by half and then half again just to accommodate for Murphy giving you a solid size 12 in the ass at the most in-opportune time.

Closets are also cramped places, causes a lot of stress. I've seen relationships crumble because of the stress of having to keep them hidden. Its freaking unnatural.

That said, I haven't yet taken my own advice so I might likely be completely full of shit.
I am as direct as a T-Rex with 'roid rage and about as subtle. It isn't intended to cause upset, I just prefer to talk plain. There are plenty of other people here who do the nice, polite thing much better than I can. I'm what you'd call a "problem dinner guest."