View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poobah123 View Post
Primarily I ended the relationship(s) because I just wasn't enjoying myself.
That sounds like a pretty good reason to end it.

Quote:
... from her other lover too so it shouldn't have bother me but it did.
It's not really productive to should on yourself. Feelings are what they are, there is no should. Telling yourself you shouldn't have feelings doesn't help. It's perfectly okay to feel bothered. About anything. Could be an indicator that action is needed, but it might just be a feeling...

Quote:
While my lover was attractive she wasn't my "type". I had only ever been my wife before so maybe this had something to do with it. Now I know when you love someone this shouldn't matter but physical and hormonal feelings do matter. I just wasn't "feeling it". Only occasionally did I feel the urge to be physical with her. Whereas with my wife (who is my type) I feel the urge 24 hours per day.
Why shouldn't it matter? Does it matter to you if it's man or a woman? Oh, so some things matter. (to me, it doesn't matter what the plumbing is, but I have other preferences) It's taken me forever to get okay with having preferences, because I believed that it 'shouldn't' matter too. If it matters, it matters. There's enough people to choose from, it's perfectly okay to have a preference.

Quote:
WTF is wrong with me?
Not a thing that i can see, from this post.

Quote:
I guess I'm just looking for opinions. I respect many of you on these forums and still believe in being poly.
Not really clear on what you're asking, if it was more than wtf.

Me: female, bi, (formerly hinge of a vee)
with FirstBoyFriend (FBF)(moderately long-distance)
and no longer with CurrentBoyFriend (CBF)(who now lives in a house far away-with stairs I can't climb)

Last edited by NovemberRain; 02-02-2013 at 05:37 AM. Reason: spelling error