View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixtoria View Post
First of all, isn't it absolutely ridiculous how when someone disagrees or does not just automatically accept another's opinion they must feel insecure or threatened? Should I assume everyone who is disagreeing with poly is insecure about it? Same with sexuality? Come on, that was a childish move and you know it.
Why yes, that would be ridiculous... Thankfully, that's not at all what I said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icewraithonyx View Post
Marcus, I'd agree that perhaps this discussion would be better served without your input.
One can disagree simply by saying "I respect your position, but I disagree with your opinion." That's entirely different from "I disagree with you. Please stop posting in my thread." Your husband made it perfectly clear that he would prefer Marcus to keep out of this conversation on the basis that his views do not align with those of your marriage. That's not at all the same as merely disagreeing.

I don't want to live in an absolutely ridiculous world where people are told not to express their opinions just because they differ from the majority's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixtoria View Post
I said nothing about wanting more control over the conversation. Discuss what you want.
No one said you did. But if you'd been listening to your husband, you'd know that he does not share your directive to "discuss whatever [we] want." He has issued a request that we only discuss opinions that align with the assumptions made by your marriage.

And therein lies the heart of the original issue. Your husband wants one thing (e.g. monogamy, Marcus' silence), and you disregard his desires and issue new directives. Are these two fluke examples, or is this a pattern in your relationship? Don't answer on here, just sit down together and think about it.

Maybe if the two of you spent less time criticizing and arguing with people on the internet and more time working together on communication and listening, you could begin to address the issue of the original topic.

The most dangerous phrase in the English language is "we've always done it this way."

Last edited by SchrodingersCat; 01-31-2013 at 11:47 PM.