View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 11:13 AM

Welcome to the 'hood.

I've always been somewhat fascinated with the concept of asexuality simply because it's almost completely opposite of my general outlook that I find it a difficult concept to fully wrap my head around.

Perhaps it just comes from being a horny little spider monkey but sex (or at least physical intimacy) shapes a lot of my personal relationships.

There was a young woman taking classes at the college I went to for a few semesters who was asexual. The topic came up in class and it was discussed for a bit and I saw her later out of class. I had to talk to her about class anyways and after that we started talking about sexuality. I would compare it to first contact between two alien races:

"So you are generally always thinking about sex?
"Not ALWAYS, but yeah a lot of the time. You NEVER think about sex?"
"Not really. Do you look at a total stranger and think about sex or do you have to know them first?"
"Total strangers can be sexy but they generally dont stay in the memory too long"

Etc etc...
I am as direct as a T-Rex with 'roid rage and about as subtle. It isn't intended to cause upset, I just prefer to talk plain. There are plenty of other people here who do the nice, polite thing much better than I can. I'm what you'd call a "problem dinner guest."