View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by threesnocrowd View Post
Hey Guys,

We have been on here for a while and we are wondering if there are other professional, fashion-loving, "straight-laced" folks on here. The stereotype is that poly folks are goth or a little odd. That's what we hear anyway. I'm sure there are all types out there, from the gamers, to the nerdoids and dweebs, to the suburban soccer moms and dads.

Can you describe your "style" if you have one.

We are just curious.

We will start. We are both professionals. Love nice clothes and foods. And look very "normal" if you saw us on the street.

What about you guys?

PS No offense is meant by this question. Sorry if any is taken.
I dont think I've ever looked "normal" a day in my life, if you saw me walking down the street you'd notice me; I'm six feet with long red hair (usually in a ponytail) and I usually wear a thick leather (welding) jacket with marker on it over a t-shirt (usually a black punk band shirt) with dark jeans and my workboots or sandals with a keffiyeh around my neck. I'm...difficult to miss.

I look slightly less barbaric in my work clothes; a tight button up with sleeves rolled up to my elbow. I just tend to look like a bouncer.

I wouldn't call myself "goth," I just look better in darker colors. I freely admit I have less than zero fashion sense and the world of fashion actively nauseates me. I tend to wear what I want where I want and have very little interest in following arbitrary rules as to how I should look. Most of my clothing is purchased at Goodwill so my style options are a bit limited.
I am as direct as a T-Rex with 'roid rage and about as subtle. It isn't intended to cause upset, I just prefer to talk plain. There are plenty of other people here who do the nice, polite thing much better than I can. I'm what you'd call a "problem dinner guest."

Last edited by Helo; 01-31-2013 at 10:59 AM.