View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 11:43 PM

Default Some progress

A really good conversation with the Pidge yesterday. It's nice to see how much we are on the same page. We both agree we don't want drama, and endless stress. We agree we'd both rather pull the plug on the whole thing if it seems to be heading that direction. We both agree that we can't predict the emotional tone of the relationships we will each have with Toilet Seat Guy until we start spending time with him. Pidgie seems to seriously doubt that she and Toilet Seat Guy could ever fall in love, and I keep trying to get her to keep an open mind. She is utterly lovable, and there's no reason to think he couldn't adore her just as much as I do. Whether or not she would allow herself to fall in love with a man is another question, and one I certainly can't answer for her. For me, it's not really a question of falling in love, I am already in love with Pidge. iI's more about having that masculine energy back in my life, and in our bed. I don't need to fall in love, a good solid friendship with benefits would suit me just fine. Still, we can't predict.
We keep trying to remain very aware that how Toilet Seat Guy feels, what he wants, what he needs, is as important as what we want and need. At times it seems we aremaking better progress identifying what we *don't* want than what we do.
Any way you look at it, I really feel reassured by how much she and I agree on. I really just hope T.S.G. likes gardening.