View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nite View Post
Hi, I'm rather new here. I've lurked for a while, but decided to finally join.
Welcome to the 'hood.

Quote:
So there's the situation...and I guess my question is simple: is there any hope a situation like this will work out well for everyone involved or is it doomed to failure? I have to admit that this has put me on an emotional roller coaster. I'd feel better if I had a realistic view of what's going to happen rather than waffling between despair and hope. (I feel bad for putting my husband through this, too, though he's been an absolute rock.)
That's a pretty tall order.

They both sound like they have problems with maturity within a relationship and given that, the likelihood of a positive outcome for all in the immediacy is low.

If they manage to patch things together, unless they make some very serious fundamental changes to their relationship and their thinking about it, its going to happen again.

Best thing to do would probably stay clear until all the rubble has hit the ground. Your influence as "the other woman" is unlikely to be appreciated by the wife.
I am as direct as a T-Rex with 'roid rage and about as subtle. It isn't intended to cause upset, I just prefer to talk plain. There are plenty of other people here who do the nice, polite thing much better than I can. I'm what you'd call a "problem dinner guest."