View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 01:04 AM

Location: Ping-ponging around Europe, trying to get a publishing concern off the ground

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMCbyats View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFarFromRight
Your reaction saddens me. If someone who´s male and straight [straight in its usual connotation - in discussions like this one - of heterosexual] "admits" to being male and straight, WHY should that disgust you?
You have changed meaning of my opinion.
No, I really don´t think so. I think that you just like trying to wriggle out of the consequences of what you´ve written once other people pick you up on your bigoted comments. [See latest comment by SchrodingersCat]

Let´s go back to your original comment:
Quote:
[...] Personally, when I read something like "male, straight", I just puke, for me that's the end of conversation, even if it has never started. For me, people that belong to the 'norm' are just disgusting. [...]
"Male, straight" makes you puke. "For me, people that belong to the 'norm' are just disgusting." Those are YOUR words. I just abbreviated it to "somebody admitting to being male and straight disgusts you." The meaning is EXACTLY the same! Or isn´t puking a means of expressing disgust for you???
Quote:
Personally, when I read something like "male, straight", I just puke, for me that's the end of conversation, even if it has never started.
(my boldfacing of your words)
So, you refuse to even converse with somebody who defines themselves as "male, straight"... and you DARE to state that you´re not judgemental. You insult people on this thread for "not understanding" you or "chang[ing] meaning of [your] opinion", when it´s my opinion that we´ve understood you very well. (Actually, I´ll amend that opinion: Since it´s obvious that English isn´t your first language, maybe you think that you´re expressing yourself clearly, but are really writing things that don´t say exactly what you mean? In this case, I encourage you to continue conversing with the rest of us, but to be less hasty in criticising us for misunderstanding opinions of yours that you´ve expressed poorly.)
Quote:
Aren't you American?
There you go, jumping to conclusions again. If you´d bothered to click on SchrodingersCat´s name and visited her profile, you might not have written "I think, that you're the man [...]". If you´d bothered to look at the top right-hand corner of my comments, you´d have read "Location: Smack in the middle of The Spanish Revolution!" But since you don´t seem to be willing to take any interest at all in anybody who isn´t in your 5% ghetto of INTERESTING oppressed people (male and pansexual), any of the 90+% of people oppressed for different reasons just aren´t worth listening to, are we?
Quote:
Maybe you are unique on many fields, but the fields you named are irrelevant to me.
I repeat: you´re only interested in people who are unique in exactly the same way as you are. THAT´s pathetic!!!
- old Chinese proverb
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
~ Anais Nin
I'd rather have a broken heart / Than have a heart of stone.
- from "Boundless Love (A Polyamory Song)" by Jimmy Hollis i Dickson

Last edited by MrFarFromRight; 01-28-2013 at 01:10 AM.