View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post
I hope you will find in your own depths of experience some inborn wisdom which allows you to relinquish the need or desire for external authority in such matters.

There is a common ground of reality and truth in these matters which doesn't require -- or benefit from -- external authority. It is most difficult to point at, but you can find it if you look very carefully and with subtle vision.

I find the call for external authority which legitimizes a certain view and form of polyamory and polyamorous relationship tends to also exclude other views on polyamory. It does not forge bonds within the poly community. I believe if laws were ever created based on this mindset many within poly relationships would be disadvantaged because their perspectives and relationships differ and therefore their relationships would not be recognized.

~Raven~

~Open up your mind and let me step inside.
Rest your weary head and let your heart decide. It's so easy.
When you know the rules.
It's so easy. All you have to do is fall in love.
Play the game.
Everybody play the game of love. Yeah...~