View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 09:12 PM
Official Greeter

Greetings beyondblueeyes,
Welcome to our forum.

I think you are just trying to get used to a new situation. You were used to the routine where you would see your boyfriend and then could expect to see your husband when you got home. Now that dynamic has been mixed up a little. You are finding yourself with alone time that you didn't have before.

Humans tend to have a certain amount of natural resistence to change, and I think that's what you've been experiencing (in the form of lonesomeness). As time goes by, I believe it will get easier. You will find more things to do that interest you when you're alone. Heck, could be something as simple as watching a movie you like that your husband's not interested in. Or other ideas along those lines ...

Connecting with your boyfriend via Skype sounds like a great idea to me. It's one of the coping mechanisms that will help you adapt to this "new environment" you find yourself in. Also, why not spend some of that "newfound alone time" poking around on Polyamory.com; that way you're learning more about polyamory, and keeping yourself occupied at the same time.

In any case, I do believe it'll get easier, so hang in there.

Glad to have you with us.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.