View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoofyCups View Post
Maybe I am wondering what the difference between an open relationship and a poly one is. If it's simply casual hook ups on one persons part, is that open? Do all members have to be romantically involved to be considered polyamorous? Or can one person in the relationship be in love with two people, while the other isn't? I can look these things up myself I guess.
Polyamory is under the umbrella of open relationships. The others are

Cheating (if one or both members of a couple really know the other is cheating but pretend not to know)

Don't ask, don't tell (where one or both members are having other relationships but it isn't discussed)

Swinging (where one or both both members have casual, non-emotional sex with others)

Polyamory (where one or both members of a couple, or single people, have decided/agreed to have romantic, emotional, and/or sexual relationships with others)

If you are a member of a couple, you may be poly and your partner may be also poly, or mono. You may, or more likely, may not both be shagging the same person. Being poly does NOT mean pursuing triad relationships (generally the idea of FMF sex turns men on, but it rarely works longterm in real life).
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

A standing prick hath no conscience. --Bill Shakespeare

me: Mags, female, pansexual, 60, poly-dating, and loving and living with
miss pixi, female, pansexual, poly, 38