View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasminegld View Post
I encourage you to visit several congregations. They will likely be very different. I also encourage you to talk candidly with the minister and/or lay leaders of each congregation. UUPA has trifold brochures on its website that you can carry with you for the minister and leaders, if you'd like.

Congregations that have a "Welcoming Congregation" designation have done extensive work around inclusion for bisexual, gay, lesbian, and transgender people. This isn't the same as doing work around polyamory, but the concepts and language are similar. The uua.org "Find a Congregation" function will tell you which congregations are designated "Welcoming Congregations."

If you'd like to, you can ask on the UUPoly email list if anyone has recommendations. You have to subscribe to post. There's a link to it on the UUPA website. Note that UUPoly has open archives.
Thanks for the information. I have been to the websites for the congregations in the area. They are all welcoming congregations. However I thought I had joined the UUPoly mailing list and it looks like I hadn't. I'm going to do that right now.

It seems the CUUPS chapter may serve more than one of the congregations as well. They have a mailing list and I'm joining that also.

greenearthal, that story almost has a fairy tale quality. Like join the UUs and you'll find your princess/prince charmings and lots of poly people Or that's just me lol.

~Raven~

~Open up your mind and let me step inside.
Rest your weary head and let your heart decide. It's so easy.
When you know the rules.
It's so easy. All you have to do is fall in love.
Play the game.
Everybody play the game of love. Yeah...~