View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 10:48 PM

This was the comment I left at the end of the study --

The focus on only one partner was very disconcerting. I would have given VERY different answers if talking about my other partner, so what does this really capture except a randomly chosen half of my life?

Also, while I answered truthfully, I feel that you may not have gotten a useful sense of my relationship from my answers. For example, I replied that I would be upset if my partner expressed a desire for us both to have other romantic relationships. That's because she's already married to someone else, in addition to her relationship with me, and also has a one year old child, so she has no time for another romantic relationship. I wouldn't mind if she had sex with someone else, and said so in my response, as that would not be nearly so time intensive for her. However, if I saw her kissing someone I didn't know at a party, I would be a little upset, because if I don't know the person that implies she and I hadn't talked about it first, and I'd prefer she tell me before engaging intimately with someone new.

Again, I just don't know if your study is going to draw incorrect conclusions about my relationship from my answers, since none of the nuances are captured. Anyways, best of luck add thanks for your interest in the topic!