View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 12:24 AM

G.S.A - I feel your pain.

I have had a miscarriage with my husband (11 years ago) and with my boyfriend (almost 2 years ago). My pregnancy with my boyfriend was not an accident but it WAS unexpected (it was a hoped for but tiny possibility).

I still have waves of sadness and pain from these losses. Whenever one of our friends or family members becomes pregnant it brings back all of these feelings - then, in addition to my sadness, I get to suffer the guilt of resenting the fact that they can have babies and I can't. I can only imagine how much harder it is when the pregnant woman is someone you are close to and see all of the time. (I imagine you feel like you should be sharing all of her little joys and excitement but that your sadness at your loss is holding you back, and you feel guilty for this - I would. But you are not me.)

Do you have other children? (I don't...which adds, I think, to some of my specific feelings).

I think it does get easier, in some ways, over time. But the loss is always there. I'm sorry I don't have any magic to make it better for you.

JaneQ
Lotus: poly bi female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS
TT: poly bi male, married to Lotus, FB with JaneQ
VV and MsJ: bi-women with male primaries, LTR LDR FWBs to JaneQ

My poly blogs on this site:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe