View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soleilselene View Post
My husband had 3 rules, it cannot be anyone he knows, that I always use protection and to never tell him about it. Basically act like there is nothing wrong.

I have no idea is this is considered poly or not. But that is my situation.
I hope you don't mind that I keep offering my opinion on your situation, but I had a thought in response to this. Polyamory is defined, as broadly as possible, as multiple loves. So, this is what I'd ask when thinking about whether your situation would be considered poly or not -- would your husband be upset if you had an emotional relationship with someone else as well as a physical one? You know that sex is ok, but is love? If yes, then yes I'd call it poly. If no, then I'd say you have an open marriage, but that it's not necessarily poly. Even if your situation is the latter, there still might be good stuff for you to learn from and contribute to the poly community, so it's by no means saying you shouldn't be here, just trying to think through this question.