View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 09:15 PM

A couple of things.
Most religions, and many spiritual teachings, are not pro-sex, to say the least. So the fact that he says that he is having a "spiritual budding" and that he is seeing something in his sexual life as "wrong" is not a far stretch. He probably cares about you, but the dissonance inside of him caused by this new principle that he is trying to apply makes it difficult for him to deal with. It might poison the well for the future of your relationship.

That said, I don't think you can go wrong by giving someone too much space. If he feels like you are pressuring him, that may play in to whatever anti-sexual and even anti-woman ideas he is coming into contact with. Giving him his freedom will hopefully allow him to work through it and see that love/caring/honesty/respect are what matters, not some narrow prescription which doesn't apply to complex situations.

There's obviously a lot of complexity to your situation, and I'm not attempting to go into every aspect of it. I'll leave that for others. I hope this helps a little. Good Luck.