View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
First, "Internet Privacy" is an oxymoron. The idea of keeping something which has been put on the internet a secret is a myth. Anything which cannot, under any circumstances, be shared with the world should NEVER be put on the internet in any fashion.
I'm aware. Having TOLD the few people who know this is a journey I have started that I joined a forum, and would appreciated their not getting involved, I'm upset that they went through the work to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
That being said, who do you know that would seek you out (leaving out the question of "how did they even know to look for you here?"), figure out what your screen name is, snoop through your old posts, and then *expose* you to the world? That person sounds like an evil nemesis who has serious mental health issues and I would consider them a danger to myself and my family. OR, it's shared childish drama between you and one of your friends (I don't know you, so I have no idea which it is).

That's some crazy shit, either way.
Right. These two people knew we were on an internet forum (the woman in the signature below and brilliant friend). I'm unsure how they found this one, or which of them initiated it, but it seems to have been sleuthy-evil-nemesis type work to figure out the screen name and go through my very few postings. The point didn't seem to be to out me as poly, but to take what was being processed here and make it fodder for their conversations? To pick apart my word choices and show how I have no respect for the woman I adore because I find "hobbies" as a concept something I do not have time for, and she enjoys hers? I'm not sure if it is a protective tendency on his part, curiosity on hers or what.

If her idea, I can't seem to find malicious intent (trying to understand my POV is understandable), but that doesn't mesh with her then forwarding over all of my emails after I've asked that she only share them with her primary guy. If it was his idea? He contacted me through FB to do introductions, it popped up on my chat thing, we talked and I answered all the questions he asked in as honest a fashion as I could (as he is a close friend of hers). Apparently, he then went back, forwarded the chat to her, said he thinks I'm all kinds of a not-worth-it, and proceeded to make a good deal of fun at my expense, to her.

To say I am hurt is an understatement. Shocked, really.
Developed a fast and accidental crush on then-best-friend, CG (cute-girl) and world fell apart after telling said girl. Came here for advice and info in case it became a thing. It didn't, but the friendship exploded. Turned world a bit upside-down, hence the moniker. ::sigh::