View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 07:12 AM

Hey polypenguin,

Yah, friend may not *know* she's crossing a line unless you tell her. In her world, that may be what friends do, is share showing of toys. I had a roommate once, she was so excited when she got her new whip and wanted to show us all. She wanted to show how lovely, and I allowed her to lightly swat my calf (cat o nine tails). The next day I had bruises and she was completely jealous (me=easy bruiser, her=not so much). So not my flavor. So not the level of intimacy in my relationship with her, she was a roommate, not even a friend (friendly, yes). But it's not a line for me, and I didn't mind. She wasn't trying to persuade me to kink, she was just excited about her stuff.

In my experience, lots of women do that; we start in childhood. 'Wanna be friends?' 'Sure' 'Come over after school' *proceed to show toys. As adults, sometimes the toys get very different, but the pattern is the same.

So, I agree with gg, no need to lose a friend because we take care of ourselves. 'I'm glad you have a hobby/pasttime/kink/whatever, but I'm not really into that. Could we go to the kitchen and have cookies instead?'

Me: female, bi, (formerly hinge of a vee)
with FirstBoyFriend (FBF)(moderately long-distance)
and no longer with CurrentBoyFriend (CBF)(who now lives in a house far away-with stairs I can't climb)