View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolalondon View Post
If you don't mind me asking, how do you see thinks working out in your situation when he retires and you're both older? I assume you'd both be home together? Hope it's not too personal but I guess I'm just trying to get my head around how people manage alone time vs companionship.
Yep, I've thought about that... We haven't really worked that out yet :P I'm more the "deal with it when it's an issue" type person. It's something that, in the back of my mind, may become an issue one day... or may not. Who knows how he and I will change as individuals in that time? I tend to over-think things enough as it is, without over-thinking problems that haven't even happened yet.

Maybe we'll build a guest house for one of us to live in (I've always fancied those Tiny Houses, it would be the perfect opportunity to actually build one). Maybe we'll buy a cottage and split our time between there, with as much or as little overlap as suits us... Maybe one of us will have a catastrophic car accident, and finding alone time will be the least of our worries.

The most dangerous phrase in the English language is "we've always done it this way."