View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
So your previous question is she "allowed" to date outside of our relationship, I personally don't know if I'd be able to handle the drama. She is very young and insecure in a lot of ways and already fighting polyamory. I can't realistically ever seeing her desiring additional relationships but if she did I think there would be a lot of stuff to work through first.
I can understand that. I describe my husband as "barely monoamorous." I was his first long term relationship (>6mo) and he constantly struggles with all the work and emotions that come with being in a serious, committed relationship. So if I found out that he'd fallen for someone else, I'd be very suspicious and probably insecure. I wouldn't go so far as to say he's "not allowed" to date other people, just that he's told me time and time again that he has no desire to do it, so I would be questioning it if it happened.

I'm reminded of that "equality vs justice" picture that's been going around with this Idle No More thing...

I think you can replace "justice" with "fairness" and get something that applies.

The most dangerous phrase in the English language is "we've always done it this way."