View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 09:47 PM

Thank you. I've always thought the same thing about polygamy. Usually with the follow up thoughts of, "Even though polygamy isn't socially acceptable in the mainstream it doesn't cause the same kind of recoil reaction that happens when you hear of instances of a woman with two men in spousal capacities." Kind of makes you shake your head.

My husband is a wonderful man and I gush about about him probably more than I should. Eh, it's love...what can I say?

I will definitely keep looking around and reading. There is so much here that is interesting and I can't wait to discover all the hidden gems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdt26417 View Post
Hi Centauress,
Welcome to our forum.

Polyamory unfortunately kind of has "polygamy" attached to it at the hip, and polygamy does indeed have a bad reputation. It has long struck me as odd that polygamy (which should be called "polygyny") allows multiple wives but not multiple husbands. This thought is what kind of got me started on my own journey to discovering and accepting polyamory.

I think you will find this a good site with a positive take on polyamory, and many good links and resources. Take full advantage of it, read the various threads that call to you, and post any thoughts or questions that you have.

It sounds like you and your husband have a great relationship with each other, and are very accepting of each other. That's a great thing to hear, and it will be of a lot of help to you on the road ahead.

Pleased to meet you and have you here,
Sincerely,
Kevin T.