View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 01:22 PM

I'm really glad it was helpful! I've been talking with Mya quite a lot about the introvert/extrovert difference, and I notice she has difficulties with relating to how I feel about time (whereas it is easier for me to understand extroversion since it is so culturally dominant). It is limited in a way that is not so for extroverts. We all have the same amount of time, so I guess it comes more from energy than concrete time.

In a way, for me all time is away from my alone time (which is necessary for recharging). Even when I really really want to do something, the time spent on it is still away from my own time. That has two consequences. I just can't do all the things I want to do, no matter how much I would like to. But also, besides things I have to do, I only choose to do things I very much want to do.

It is amazing sometimes, how much a change of perspective can change how something feels. Positive feedback loop, that's exactly what it is.

About telling Gia, maybe frame it in terms of the issue still being sensitive, but that you don't wish to limit her. Not saying that you won't feel anything negative, but saying that you want her to make her own decisions and set her own priorities regardless. That you wish her to take your feelings into account as one aspect of her decision making, rather than to set your limitations on her.