View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGirlInGray View Post
Sorry about that SnC. It happens sometimes that people post without realizing how their "voice" can be perceived in an environment with no tone or body language. Unfortunately we the readers can't KNOW how a writer intended something to be read in every case.
Well, there are always different ways of seeing. I'm going to chalk up the bad bits in posts above to textual misunderstanding.

Responding to some other elements...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchrodingersCat View Post
You say you're not looking for help with the bump, and that you're here for knowledge and discussion. That's all we're trying to do. But if not the bump, then you haven't given us much fodder for discussion. What was your intention in posting your introduction? If just to say "hi" then that's fine, just let us know that you don't have any specific questions right now, and we'll stop wasting our time on someone who doesn't want our help.
We do want help, but we don't (think) we need help with the bump. We've intentionally avoided laying out the circumstances of the 'bump' because (a) we're working through it just fine, (b) we mentioned it to provide some understanding of what brought us here; realizing we needed more education and (c) it is possible the other fellow in this equation may be reading. We're not interested in keeping things from him, but I don't know that he would be interested in us posting about him here. That's why we said in the initial posting, "externally sourced" and left it at that.

As for the intro; we were just trying to be friendly, and add our introduction here. We weren't seeking anything other than just to say 'hi, we're here, this is why, and this is how we came to this table'.

I'm glad things seem to be simmering down in this thread