Thread: Musings
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinitePossibility View Post
Maybe the trick to being secure is to learn how to love - deeply and with all our hearts while knowing that any of those relationships may have a time limit on them. To keep connections as strong as we can while allowing our loves to develop their own lives.

To hope that when our own end comes, it happens with somebody kind nearby.

I wonder if the trick to a happy life is to go on in it. To keep on loving and laughing even though everything that makes us happy now may be lost and even though we may help the loss of it along?
Oh, IP, big virtual hugs to you {{{{{IP}}}}} Thank you for sharing your journey with us here.

The bit I quoted above, I agree with. I like it for a plan for a happy life. Sometimes, I think about Mother Teresa, she didn't have a grand plan for helping a zillion people and being famous. She just helped the one in front of her. You do the next thing, and then next thing, and then the next thing. (well, I heard it was from her, I tried to research the quote and seems it comes from somewhere else, but you get the idea)

Me: female, bi, (formerly hinge of a vee)
with FirstBoyFriend (FBF)(moderately long-distance)
and no longer with CurrentBoyFriend (CBF)(who lives in the apartment building next door)