Thread: Hi from Oz
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by kdt26417 View Post
Hello BreatheDeeply,
As far as how trustworthy the poly community is as a whole, I'd say my experience is that it's pretty trustworthy, at least 90%. But then, it just takes that bad 10% to ruin your day, so you are wise to be cautious. It partly depends on what sort of poly group you participate in. I think is one of the more trustworthy sites out there.

I believe it is possible to find others to date and such, without coming out to your (conservative) friends and family. You just have to find a "second group of friends and chosen family" in the poly community.
Thank you for the welcome advice kdt! I had a feeling, based on what I read (mainly on this forum) that the poly community is a supportive and generous group of people, and you have helped confirm that. I had come across an article while researching ( that described a poly group that seemed anything but honest and safe. I think like you say, there are exceptions so caution is a smart move. I'm thinking more about Aquarius (DW) when it comes to safety.
Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. - C. Hitchens

Me: Male, bi, 48, flexible
Husbanding Aquarius
Dating MsX