Thread: Hi from Oz
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdt26417 View Post
Hello BreatheDeeply,
As far as how trustworthy the poly community is as a whole, I'd say my experience is that it's pretty trustworthy, at least 90%. But then, it just takes that bad 10% to ruin your day, so you are wise to be cautious. It partly depends on what sort of poly group you participate in. I think Polyamory.com is one of the more trustworthy sites out there.

I believe it is possible to find others to date and such, without coming out to your (conservative) friends and family. You just have to find a "second group of friends and chosen family" in the poly community.
Thank you for the welcome advice kdt! I had a feeling, based on what I read (mainly on this forum) that the poly community is a supportive and generous group of people, and you have helped confirm that. I had come across an article while researching (http://bit.ly/QoqOrW) that described a poly group that seemed anything but honest and safe. I think like you say, there are exceptions so caution is a smart move. I'm thinking more about Aquarius (DW) when it comes to safety.

Me: Male, bi, 48, flexible
Husbanding Aquarius
Dating MsX