View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 09:01 AM

I am sorry things have been strained between your mother and you.

I would not recommend giving ultimatums but simply stating that you are going through another happy change in your life as any change. Live your life in the way that makes you happiest, not in the way that appeases others.

She knew who you were and nothing has changed. You love her and you are loved. Let her know that nothing would be better than to have her love and acceptance. However you are an adult and you will live your life.

Do not live two different lives. Include R as though she has already accepted him. It will be for your mother to decide to blatantly reject or to accept.

If R is going to move in, do not stall it or cancel plans because of your mother's views. You have to decide which is more important, your mother's validation of your life's decisions or your personal fulfillment.

I wish you all the best.

~Raven~

~Open up your mind and let me step inside.
Rest your weary head and let your heart decide. It's so easy.
When you know the rules.
It's so easy. All you have to do is fall in love.
Play the game.
Everybody play the game of love. Yeah...~