View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaGirl View Post
Could ask her for her willingness to explore this and you would like the feedback by ___(end of week? end of month?___) if possible.
We did that. That's where I got the "this is something I'd like to do, but I can't now" for reasons involving her primary partner. That is fine, I'm not in any rush to jump off some big romantic cliff. However, as I am still trying to understand the underpinnings of how such a relationship would function, I needed to know answers to basic questions like whether or not she's actually attracted to me...and more complex ones like how do I continue to involve myself in her world without being a pest (especially when that wasn't an issue before).

We're finding that one of us is feeling hurt and ignored, without the other knowing about it, and that many of our assumptions about simple things seem more off than they did before we opened up this can o' worms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaGirl View Post
Otherwise you have to move on without her -- and that could mean letting this go as a potential romance and keep it in the friend bucket.
It's a possibility. Even if this does happen, it won't happen for a while, so I don't want to kill it before it is out of its infancy, especially as I deeply value both the friendship and the possibilities that this relationship could involve. That, coupled with the fact that this is the only relationship of this kind that I can foresee even possibly happening, and I'm loathe to let it go too easily.
Developed a fast and accidental crush on then-best-friend, CG (cute-girl) and world fell apart after telling said girl. Came here for advice and info in case it became a thing. It didn't, but the friendship exploded. Turned world a bit upside-down, hence the moniker. ::sigh::