View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 06:17 AM

Gia and Eric had originally planned to go out for New Year's Eve, though they hadn't quite decided where. There ended up being confusion with the babysitter (not exactly an easy thing, to get a babysitter on NYE), so Gia threw an impromptu party at her house instead, which, I'm happy to say, a few of our friends went to (it would have been so sad to think of them being alone). I would have loved to go too, of course, but I had intended to spend the night with Davis, and he actually had been arranging an impromptu party at Bonnie and Jay's just as Gia was formulating the plan for hers.

Both of your partners planning last-minute parties in separate locations on the same big night -- poly problems. It would have been so nice to be with both of them, but I was hardly going to ditch Davis. He was actually open to the idea of going to Gia's if things didn't work out with Bonnie and Jay, but they turned out to be quite happy to host, and uninterested in going out to hang with people they didn't know, so that settled that. I explained the situation to Gia and she agreed with me that it was good and right that I should stick with Davis. I said that, next year, I ought to be the one to throw the party, so I could make sure that all the people closest to me were there.

Davis, Bonnie, Jay, and a few other friends and I had a very pleasant night, drinking and making fun of movies. At midnight, Davis and I kissed. A minute later, I went into another room and called Gia. We spoke briefly but warmly, it was good to hear her voice. Davis and I spent the night on Bonnie and Jay's fold-out couch. I dreamed of flirting with them, in subtle, delicious ways -- I can't help it, I get crushes on my close friends, what can I say. The four of us spent the whole of the next day together, cooking and playing dice and card games.
Me, 30ish bi female, been doing solo poly for roughly 5 years. Gia, Clay, and Pike, my partners. Davis, ex/friend/"it's complicated." Eric, Gia's husband. Bee, Gia and Eric's toddler.