View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 09:04 PM

You're so welcome GroundedSpirit and I'm glad it was helpful to you and others.

I tend to connect the terms church and religion to negative meanings as well. I didn't understand how a pagan group could be connected to a church years ago when I first started researching. And there were lots of messages that you couldn't include Christian practices in your life as well as pagan ones. But the UUs seem unique. They include and reach out across so many religious and spiritual backgrounds and experiences.

It provides a place that I believe my love and I can share spiritually rather than being split because of a church that preaches intolerance and exclusion.

I know it makes me feel warm and bubbly lol. We just need to follow through. I know the UU pastor where we used to live welcomed newcomers at the beginning of every month. We still have to explore if the UU congregation also does the same where we are now.

Cool Ceoli, hope you don't mind me tapping you if I have questions *grins*

I am now looking up the Young Adult Network and the Church of the Younger Fellowship. I'll see if there are avenue to become involved in January.

~Raven~

~Open up your mind and let me step inside.
Rest your weary head and let your heart decide. It's so easy.
When you know the rules.
It's so easy. All you have to do is fall in love.
Play the game.
Everybody play the game of love. Yeah...~