View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 05:12 PM

lovingradiance, what are your feelings about the word "polyfidelity"? sounds like either that or multi-partner family describes your situation perfectly, but you don't seem happy with these phrases? or maybe i am totally misunderstanding your words, in that case i sincerely apologise.
x

cieldumatin, i really don't see that i or anyone else is "obfuscating" the meaning of the word "polyamorous" AT ALL.

the disagreement is clearly as has been stated, around meanings of the word love. some seem to think you can only love someone within a certain kind of relationship - let's call it an ongoing partnership for now. others like me want to acknowledge and include the love i/we feel for our FB's or others who we share intimate sexual and loving moments with outside of an ongoing partnership.

yours and others insistence that in doing so we are changing the meaning of the word polyamory is insulting, frankly. have you not been reading our posts?

nobody is changing the word's definition from any previous usage, we are challenging limited concepts of love is what we are doing.

ygirl i do agree largely with your points about nouns and verbs. i eat a vegetarian diet, and prefer to put it in that way rather than saying i AM vegetarian - because what i am is human actually!

however being human i do sometimes forget and lapse into majority-speak, declaring myself to BE vegetarian, which is kind of wierd but there you go.

similarly i prefer to say my beliefs/ideals and interractions are polyamorous rather than that i am, but again that is subject to lapses at times.

habits sure are hard to break sometimes!

x

Last edited by dakid; 03-15-2010 at 10:08 PM. Reason: merge posts