View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaGirl View Post
I'm not seeing that anything horrible is actually happening here. Your people are not wigging out or rushing into things or anything. Mainly it seems to be you dealing with your own anxiety? Could you be working yourself up? "What iffing" things too much?
I am very anxious, and I think that's a huge part. She's being reserved, which is fine but new for her. He's wonderful, as always. I just haven't "dated" in 15 years and the up-in-the-air makes me nervous and antsy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaGirl View Post
Sounds like your main need is hearing both people reaffirm their commitment to you. That YES, she will still be your friend. That YES, he is not going to blow his stack at you, he is still committed to being your husband and committed to the marriage. Could that help assuage the anxiety?
This would be good to hear from her. He does that kind of reassuring all the time, but I feel the need for it a lot right now. When she's back in town (multiple events over the holidays) I'll ask her if we can make time for that kind of chat.

Developed a fast and accidental crush on then-best-friend, CG (cute-girl) and world fell apart after telling said girl. Came here for advice and info in case it became a thing. It didn't, but the friendship exploded. Turned world a bit upside-down, hence the moniker. ::sigh::