View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathulu View Post
He honestly believes that our son will someday have an epiphany and just understand how to control himself, that the lack of self control is a product of a lack of maturity. My husband denies it but he can be quite the optimist.
My father believed this about my younger brother, for over a decade. He had some severe head-trauma and a TBI, not a spectrum disorder, but it was much the same. Until my brother became violent, my dad was really willing to just ignore it until it sorted itself out.

As to you, I'm sorry. My kids both have special needs...my daughter had ODD and juvenile-onset bipolar. It makes parenting hard, it really does. The only reason that isn't a factor in our process, here, is that the girl I like already knows and likes my kids, and that DH and I are on the same page raising them. I concur with the above posters that you and DH need to focus on the kiddo and your marriage...not complicate it further in an unnecessary fashion.
Developed a fast and accidental crush on then-best-friend, CG (cute-girl) and world fell apart after telling said girl. Came here for advice and info in case it became a thing. It didn't, but the friendship exploded. Turned world a bit upside-down, hence the moniker. ::sigh::