Thread: Hey All~
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdt26417 View Post
Hi Aphrodite,
Welcome to our forum.

Your story makes me sad. It sounds like your (ex-)husband's jealousy kicked in, and he gave an ultimatum? I'm glad you gave the marriage one last try.

Re: problems with the Ascension ... I'm curious about that. Would you be willing to elaborate?

Any chance you will re-contact that other lover who was the target of your (ex-)husband's ultimatum? It sounds like you had some pretty intense feelings for him.

You should be able to find many friends here, and people who relate to your situation. Let the Lord be your guide in finding which threads to follow and respond to.

I hope things will work out for you.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.
Thanks, Kevin~

I am in a very good place right now. I have come to know and love God this past couple of years (since my separation/divorce) and I wouldn't trade that for the world. And I've also learned how to financially take care of myself--that I can. And that I like being independent.

I have had to concede that I really am not a Christian in the full sense that most people mean it. I am still not sure what my religion is, but I just cannot believe that Jesus was a deity. But I do love Jesus and what he said and what he stood for, and the love he expressed for Abba, the Father.

I miswrote that before...Instead of ascension, I meant resurrection, which is what I mainly had a hard time believing. So, I am looking at a few religions now that might fit me. In the meantime, I'm still calling myself a Christian, but I haven't really figured out the lingo other than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpsideDown View Post
Your stories both made me sad (as I've recently fallen rather hard into ... hell if I know) with my best friend while married to my husband, and I'd like to think it could be something that went well. Also, your break-up story makes my heart hurt.

As to the Ascension, I too am curious. I have some issues with the Assumption (Mary's Ascension into Heaven) but I'm curious as to your thoughts.
Hi! Thanks for saying hello. I realize now that my ex just wasn't right for me in that way. Poly just never worked for us, and never would have. Not saying I will practice poly--that completely depends upon my primary relationship(s)--but I probably currently identify as polyfidelitous, and always pretty much did.

Last edited by AphroditeGoneAwry; 12-24-2012 at 03:52 AM.