Thread: Bi = Poly?
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post
Poly is definitely not "all about the sex". Still, the overwhelming majority of us are not asexual and our "romantic" (so-called) relationships generally do include sex.
Yeah, I definitely understand that. My point is poly is about love first and foremost; then, of course, for the vast majority who are sexual, sex is a natural thing coming with love. But the assumption that poly = lots of sex/promiscuity seems very common (even some people in the asexual community think so), which is annoying to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post
How important is touch in "romantic" relationships? Just what is it that makes a relationship "romantic"?
For me it's non-sexual physical intimacy that makes a relationship "romantic". Or to put it this way: romantic and platonic feelings are different in themselves, and physical intimacy is how I express my romantic feelings and differentiate "romantic" from "platonic". But there are also asexuals who don't feel this way.

Last edited by Eponine; 12-22-2012 at 09:31 PM.