View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahirabs View Post
My husband is "hanging out" with a new female co-worker A LOT! They go on dates, go places with her children, text all the time, and even call each other, but ARE NOT SEXUAL.

. . . The only thing that bothers me about his new "friend" is he won't talk with her about how she feels about the relationship... he says she KNOWS they are just friends and has hinted around it but is too embarrassed to just come out and ask. Should he have to? (not that I care if they do date "for real", just want them both to be on the same page)!!!
What makes you think they are not already both on the same page? She is a different person from you and it sounds like they are both perfectly content with how things are between them, and maybe the kind of connection they have just doesn't require lots of explaining and hashing things out - if they are comfortable with each other and going merrily along, whether sex is in the mix or not, why isn't that good enough for you? Do you feel it is necessary to lay your expectations on how they conduct their friendship? Leave them be. He's happy, she's happy, stop worrying about them.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein