View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samines View Post
I am the stereotypical "unicorn" in a lot of ways- I'm 18, female, bi, skinny... also, compersion really gets to me, so I tend to be attracted to couples. Oh, and I'm attracted to the age range 10-15 years older than me. I fit in the "unicorn" category pretty perfectly... except, I'm looking for something so much different.
That's exactly what makes a unicorn a unicorn. That "except" isn't just incidental. It's the entirety of what makes unicorns non-existent.

Somewhere along the lines, people seem to have gotten the idea that a unicorn is synonymous with a hot bi babe, which you are. But they're not the same thing. What makes a unicorn different is exactly what you aren't: someone who wants to "join" a marriage as a second class citizen.

"Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. " -- Louis de Bernières