View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 04:37 AM

Fun fact -- Eric started his new blog at Gia's request as a way for them to communicate with each other and stay connected.

Apparently, when he started seeing Helen, she got a little antsy. Which isn't surprising. This is the first time since Jen, their ex, that he's been intimate with the same girl more than once who wasn't either Gia or me. When Jen was on the scene he got, er, a little forgetful about boundaries and respect and honesty and all that good stuff. So, even though he's worked hard to change, and their relationship has strengthened since then, it's still scary for Gia. It's kind of good, for me, to be reminded that, with all the worries I sometimes have, I'm not the only one in this situation who struggles with fears.

I just really really really love the fact that, instead of placing a bunch of restrictions on his connection with Helen as a way to keep their marriage "safe", Gia focused on strengthening *their* connection. It just makes so much sense, and doesn't seem to be the direction in which many people go. But, then, they did already have their huge, stereotypical new-to-poly triad explosion on the way to where they are now...