View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
Well, who writes the rules for these things and are they written in stone? Just because it was always that way doesn't mean it has to stay that way forever. If you are part of the family, your wishes and desires are just as important as anyone else's. I bet there are relatives of yours who might also wish they could bring a boyfriend or girlfriend, but they don't because no one else does. Why not break precedent and bring both Lin and Sward. Talk to other cousins, relatives, etc., see if they want to bring people, too, and encourage them to. It's a new generation, right? Time for a change!
You may be right, but I just ask myself: Why complicate things just because of my own needs/wants that are so subjective and selfish? I can't think of a 'normal' friend who would enjoy being with a whole set of family and relatives of mine. And I can't think of a reason to bring any to those gatherings, to be honest. Most of my relatives are older. There are maybe 6 or 8 cousins who are about my age, the rest is more around the age of my parents, except my siblings no younger ones at all (aside from the little children and kids). I don't feel like it's my place to ask for this, which may be the root of my ponderings altogether. I just know, that this will stir some uproar and cause unrest (minor or major ... I don't know, but I expect the latter). That's why I am so cautious.

I came to the conclusion that this will need some time and that it's mainly me who needs it to prepare myself for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnabelMore View Post
It's so very nice to read about how chill and positive things are with you guys. You're building such a lovely family and I can't wait to read about the newest addition.
Glad to hear that the impression we give is so positive, Annabel I am, as well, really curious when our next 'addition' will enter the stage and who it will be

My Blog