View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 06:01 PM

You're so goofy DH
I don't consider being open to more or less stuff to be more liberal. I sure try hard not to worry if other people approve of how I'm living my life. I don't feel comfortable having an "anything goes" partner as a live in partner, and I don't want to be one. I don't expect anybody to do poly other than in a way that works for them. I am however fascinated to still be finding out new stuff from Adam after 8 years, especially on subjects we've discussed multiple times.

Probably a big reason I like the idea of two partners being a big presence in my life is because it's the only thing I've known outside of monogamy, and I'm more of a homebody and wary of overextending myself and getting stressed out, and that would solve that in some ways. Doing a lot of commuting to see multiple partners is not my idea of fun, having people at my place is more comfortable if they're friends with Adam.

This is the first time I have a non-primary relationship (or at least the first time to have a relationship that didn't at least have the potential for that) and I did not know what to expect. I am very surprised that it's creeping up to the two year mark with Brian. It makes me think I could be content very long term with a dynamic where I spend time with a person once every week or two depending on a number of factors like level of friendship, if we keep in touch by email and such. I also know every single relationship will be totally different that these two so I still don't know what to expect. I am learning new skills, and more about myself and I enjoy that. Probably at this time in my life growth is more useful for me than stability, though sometimes that idea is outside my comfort zone.

I prefer the idea of neither Adam or I dating other people more than 2-3 nights a week, it is so easy to get unbalanced with making sure to tend to each other and all the domestic crap. I know views can change with time and I am not invested in anything being any set way in the future. It does however, happen to be nice to find out Adam and I are on the same page right now.