View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 06:36 AM

This is a big one for me. My hubby and I have been together for more than 13 years. We love each other and have so much trust and comfort with each other, which is why we have been able to persue polyamory. Now enter my bf into our V triad. To cut to the point, my bf is not comfortable saying those '3 little words' at this point. However, he is one of the most caring, thoughtful men I've ever met. I have no doubt how much he cares about me and I feel 'loved'. It's been the biggest struggle to accept that I don't get to hear those words from him, my brain get fixated on how much I want to hear them. I know that if given a choice between hearing the words or feeling loved, it's a no brainer which one I would pick. I love him, very much, but I'm cautious about how I express it because I don't want to pressure him. I would never want him to say "I love you" for any other reason than wanting to. Not guilt, or reflex, or obligation. But I truly do feel loved, every minute I spend with him is pure happiness. (Go NRE!)