View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 04:52 AM

Haha, yes, it took me a bit to connect the dots, but I met your hubby. I think it's my turn to email him... I look forward to being able to meet all of you at some point.

Thank you all three of you for bringing up another way that love is "met" - by giving. When 'R' and I first hooked up, I told him that what was true for me at the time, which was that I didn't need much from him, but needed the freedom to express my love. I have feelings for him that are very rare for me and feel very nervous about showering him with how much I feel.

I guess my need would be a sense of security to give as much love as I feel. The way I express love can sometimes be "loud" and I think this can be a lot for some people. Overwhelming? I wish this wasn't so.

Giving love is so much more fulfilling than receiving it. I honestly want to go around hugging everyone and connecting with them in a very "alive" way, which most people don't like, don't connect to, don't want, don't ??? I'm not sure.

GS, I like the distinction between love and connectedness. I could probably go the rest of my life without sex if I felt more connected to more people. (Ok, maybe). LOL

I often wonder if there is a connectedness need that I have - to spirit, to life - that I try to meet through relationships and don't succeed in doing this. I feel the most fulfilled, the most thrilled, the most in love when I share "spiritual" moments with a partner. But, I see so many couples around me that don't have that element in their relationships and wonder how they do it. It feels like something's lacking.